Saturday, June 18, 2011

Free RPG Day: Success

I got to the Fantasy Shop in Florissant before they opened, as I wanted to get first crack at the freebies and the sale. They had a three-item limit on the free stuff, and I selected the D&D 4e offering: Domain of Dread: Histaven, and the Dragon Age Quick Start booklet.

They were also offering half off all hardcover RPG books in stock, and since I recently won the washers game at work and had an extra stash of cash that I set aside just for today, I picked up several books I had been meaning to get my grubby little hands on. So, happy Father's Day to me! I picked up the following 4th Edition offerings, so you can expect reviews soon:

Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond
Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale
Dark Sun Campaign Guide
Dark Sun Creature Catalog

And for the kids, I picked up:
D&D 4E Red Box Starter Set
Player's Strategy Guide

My two oldest children are really excited to get these items, and we're hoping to play this evening! We'll have to see what kinds of characters they come up with, and there will, of course, be a full report here on the blog.


1 comment: