Sunday, November 6, 2011

More Play-By-Blog Goodness!

It seems we may be on to something with this play-by-blog thing. I know people have been doing play-by-email and play-by-forum-post games for quite a while, so the concept is not exactly new. Another play-by-blog game has come to my attention, called Top Secret Overseer: the Extraordinary Case Files of Group 17. It's a Weird War II game using the Savage Worlds system. It's brand spanking new but so far seems well-written and well-organized.

And that, I think, is what really makes this play-by-blog thing click. Having a place that is just for one game, with all the information just a clickety-click away, is clutch. I hope to see some more play-by-blog games pop up. Hopefully, this will be more than just a fad. From what I've seen, the format attracts well-written, literate individuals. I certainly have high hopes for the story-telling possibilities inherent in the format, even if they're only fully experienced by the participating individuals.

Collective story-telling for the twenty-first century, I suppose. The entire global village can participate, together. This has to be a good thing.

So, I know there are dungeon masters and game masters out there, reading this, whose regular games have fallen apart, who are itching to run a game and create a story. It takes a fair bit of work on the computer to get it all set up, but if you're willing to stick with it, go for it.

And let me know, because I want to check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me.

    Thanks!

    Joel Houston
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete