Saturday, January 14, 2012

Used Gaming Auction!

So, I'm sitting at my FLGS, the Fantasy Shop in St. Charles, MO, waiting for their twice-annual Used Gaming Auction to begin. I've taken a stroll through the boxes of what's being offered, and I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to bid on. 

For Christmas this year, my in-laws gave me a gift certificate worth $100 to the Fantasy Shop, and it can be used at the auction. Last year, I put in a stack of Palladium RPG books and only got about $10 for them all. It'll be interesting to see how much things are going for today. I've seen a few lots of AD&D material, from "Complete Book of..." splatbooks to older Dragon magazines, some modules mixed in, a Fiend Folio, Monstrous Compendiums... Definitely several tasty books to be had. 

I'll have a post up this evening to detail my winnings! 

4 comments:

  1. Is that the one in Old town St. Charles?

    If it is, do they still have the crazy castle display in the window?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure this is "Old Town" in St Chuck, it's behind Lindenwood on West Clay. No crazy castle in the window here but plenty of goodies inside!

      Delete
  2. Jake, they do this every six months, so head on by the Fantasy Shop in May to get a flier. I'll probably put something up on the blog about it when it comes around again. I promise not to take ALL the old-school stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete