Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Free RPG Day to Me!

So, I already posted once about my FreeRPGDay excursion to the Fantasy Shop in Florissant, where I picked up the D&D 4E offering and the Dragon Age quickstart booklet, along with dropping a good chunk of change on the sale they had going.

Well, my father-in-law is a gaming and comic geek going way back and is in pretty tight with the owners of his FLGS, and Sunday morning he handed me a big stack of FreeRPGDay material that mostly wasn't even at my FLGS, or that I passed over to observe the 3-item limit (although I only took 2!).

So here's the addition to what I pulled in for FreeRPGDay:

Savage Worlds: The Wild Hunt by John Goff
World of Darkness: A Nightmare At Hill Manor
Dungeon Crawl Classics: Adventure Starter
Pathfinder: We Be Goblins by Richard Pett
Arcanis, the World of Shattered Empires Fast Play
XD20: Laser Squid Nemesis by Stephen Furlani

Now, clearly I have a surfeit of goods here, and far more than I will probably ever use. In the interest of blog material, I am planning on doing full reads and possible playtests for each FreeRPGDay item, and doing a proper review here.

Now, I know that there are a lot of folks out there who didn't have a FLGS that was participating in FreeRPGDay. I also know that I certainly won't use the majority of this booklets at all. So, after I do each review, I'll be randomly selecting an American commenter to receive my copy (apologies to anyone living outside the United States, but I just can't afford international shipping. I do have paypal, though, so if you live outside the U.S. and want to pay for the shipping, by all means, you can enter!). More details soon!

1 comment:

  1. Like the new look of the blog. Easier to read. Looking forward to the reviews. I got the DCC Quickstart and the Dragon Age one.

    ReplyDelete